Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing alternative sustainable revenue streams through designing of products, marketing and managing business development activities in general and in particular, short term executive courses for participants from non-MEFMI member organisations, in the areas of MEFMI’s core competencies.
Key Performance Areas
- Contributes to the MEFMI Strategy on issues pertaining to his/her areas of focus;
- Develops products and reporting tools for the Business Development Unit;
- Presents to and consults with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels;
- Prospects for potential new clients and turns this into increased business;
- Designs, plans and executes Workshops, seminars and courses;
- Presents business development training and mentoring to staff;
- Understands the Institute’s goals and objectives for enhanced performance.
- Presents new products and services and enhances existing relationships;
- Generates a return beyond covering the overheads of the Unit;
- Undertakes other duties as assigned to him/her by the Executive Director from time to time.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
a) At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration/ Economics/ Finance from a recognised institution;
b) At least 3-5 years hands-on and progressive experience in the ﬁeld of business development or business growth;
c) Demonstrated excellence, understanding of and experience in a business or consultancy ﬁrm environment;
d) Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
e) Demonstrated experience in the management of a team at a professional level;
i) Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills;
g) Computer literacy and knowledge of different applications ;
h) Excellent written (report writing) and verbal skills;
i) Ability to work long hours and under pressure including frequent assignments to member states;
j) Leadership skills and ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels;
k) Cooperation and Team Spirit;
l) Strong interpersonal skills;
n) Marketing experience will be an advantage.
The successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on a ﬁxed term contract at a competitive remuneration package, which includes a tax free salary paid in US dollars.
Applicants for the above vacancies should submit written applications, clearly stating the position applied for, accompanied by certiﬁed certiﬁcates, a detailed CV with names and addresses (including telephone and e-mail) of three referees (the latest colour photograph to be pasted on the CV) to be received by 25 October, 2016.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
9 Earls Road
PO Box A1419
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference and position applied for.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.