|Job Title||Project Manager|
|Reporting To||Head – Project Management Office|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Country||Zimbabwe|
|Location – Town / City||Harare|
|Job Purpose||• Responsible for the coordinated management of multiple projects, and in many (most) cases, on-going operations which are directed toward a common objective within the company. End to end management of new initiatives / projects for the organisation.|
|Qualifications and Experience||• Degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent plus project management certification, (PMP or PRINCE2)”|
• 6 ‘O’ Levels including English , 2 ‘A’ Levels
• 4 to 6 years’ experience in a similar or related environment and one of which should be in a management position.
|Key Result Areas||PROJECT INITIATION|
• Develops Project Charter to obtain senior management authorization to commence through presenting the project charter with its high level costs and benefits for the company
• Identifies Stakeholders and define their level of influence on the Project
• Develops Project Management Plan that guides the implementation of the projects and defines Project Scope and Change Management Plan
• Develops in alignment with the business objectives; schedule and cost plans that will baseline the project and allow monitoring and control of these costs
• Directs project start off through holding a meeting with all key stakeholders to review the overall project plan and gain consensus
PROJECT MONITORING AND CONTROL
• Monitors and provide projects performance reports in accordance with the projects communication plan to support senior Management decision making.
• Closes contractual obligations and process final project accounts and signs off as built documentation and releases Human Resources, account for leftover materials
• Develops and conducts training in Project Management and formally closes the project
COORDINATE MULTIPLE PROJECTS
• Captures and reports program status and data by ensuring the population of the program management information system in order to maintain accurate and current program information for the use of stakeholders.
ESTABLISH AND MANAGE PROJECT TEAMS
• Constitutes and establishes project teams in line with project objectives and organisation strategies.
• Motivates project teams using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program and project objectives.
ADMINISTRATION OF PROJECT GOVERNANCE
• Communicates project governance to project managers, project teams and all key stakeholders in line with organisation goals.
• Administers project governance and process compliance for all projects and programs in line with the project portfolio policy for the success of all initiatives.