Post Title : Project Director
Contract type : Fixed Term Contract
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director the Project Director will oversee the implementation of the National Sex Work Programme in 36 sites across the country and 3 research projects being conducted with this key population .The position is part of the Senior Management team and will be based in Harare with frequent travel to the field.
- Managing concurrent implementation of both programme and research, which have competing priorities.
- Supervising staff across all programme and research studies to ensure timely and accurate implementation of programme and research protocols.
- Overseeing programme and research budgets, ensuring compliance to budgets, tracking budget expenditure and reviewing accounting reports before submission to the funder
- Assist in research Protocols, SOPs development and International Regulatory Boards approval submissions
- Writing progress reports, study findings reports in conference abstracts, journal articles etc.
- Dissemination of programme and research progress and findings to various stakeholders at community, national and international levels or conferences
- Developing programme and research instruments, e.g. training manuals, informed consent forms and data collection tools
- Coordination of trainings for peer educators, staff members and key stakeholders
- Communicating with local and international collaborators, including funders and co-investigators
The incumbent should show strong programme management and research skills including staff supervision, budgetary control and data analysis. They should also have the ability to interact and work with key populations (different sexual orientations). Sound appreciation of various disciplines including statistics, epidemiology, and social sciences. You should be a team player who engages stakeholders and maintains a healthy relationship with all.
Qualifications & Experience
Master’s Degree and PHD in public health/epidemiology or social sciences desirable. At least five years’ experience in HIV programming and research, applying project management. Experience working in a research setting dealing with research participants is a must. Current Good Clinical Practice and Ethics training certificate an advantage. Experience in report writing and publications and key populations is an added advantage.
If interested either email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your CV and application letter with three references at number 9 Monmouth Road, Avondale, Harare. Indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for. Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20th September 2016.
QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.