PROJECT COORDINATOR – REF ZWE/CTDO/FCO
Reporting to: Reporting to the Country Director and Project Consortia Team leader
Duty Station: Matebeleland-Bulawayo
Terms of Reference (Detailed Job Description with set targets will be shared with successful candidates)
Community Technology Development Organisation seeks qualified and experienced individual to uptake the Project Coordinator post, responsible for implementing project activities under the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund in consortia with Welthungerhilfe.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for initiating and implementing comprehensive sustainable Community/District Resilience Plans within the ZRBF project framework. These Plans will be need driven and capable of improving household food security and sovereignty status of communities whilst reducing famine and alleviating poverty. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing realistic work-plans, backstopping project implementation and ensuring that reporting requirements are executed as per the agreed targets-stakeholder and donor’s expectations. The Coordinator will seek to establish, operationalize and coordinate of all project activities and components, that enhance community resilience, address food security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination and scaling up. This will be achieved through the creation of a platform where resilience is prioritized.
S/he will assist in ensuring that interventions set, will result in women and men, including the youth earning more income, and also making sure that community fabric and safety nets are improved as a results of effective ISALs. The Project Coordinator will supervise a team of field officers, coordinate the production of field based reports, project based publications, photo documentation and facilitate efficient information flow.
The Candidate will be guided by activities outlined in the ZRBF Project Work plan
- Assist Project Team Leader in developing and implementing project strategies, objectives and goals.
- Capacitating local authorities to better plan and coordinate the implementation of multi-stakeholder district and ward resilience plans (resilience planning combines disaster risk reduction plans and strategic development plans).
- Support communities to diversify food production and income earning opportunities through a basket of options which will include, supporting women and men farmers to access improved farming inputs
- Supporting communities to reinforce community based safety nets such as Zunde Ramambo, seed banks communal granaries and ISALs.
- Support the establishment of appropriate climate smart demonstrations sites, enhancing community adoption.
- Promote inclusiveness among all stakeholders in line with Resilience Building Agenda
- Work with impacted communities, Local Authorities, communities and other relevant stakeholders to incorporate mitigation, and resilience building measures into recovery plans and implementation
- Establish effective coordination mechanisms across Government agencies, international community and civil society for risk reduction work at the provincial and district levels;
- Monitor and introduce a culture of building requisite features of disaster mitigation and prevention in all development plans and programmes. This could include the formulation of sector specific working groups within key line departments focusing on developing strategies for prevention and mitigation;
- Provide regular reports to the programme manager regarding progress on project activities;
- Responsible for facilitating planning meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries and sharing project information with relevant local authorities;
- Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation and report on challenges for timely action;
- Further the development and implementation of coherent sustainable agriculture best practices, effective management of the local means of production
Knowledge, experience & skills required
- University degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource management, Disaster Risk Management, or other related fields.
- MSc in related field will be an added advantage.
At least 2-5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food security and nutrition assistance;
- Experience in delivering technical assistance, hands-on experience in designing and delivering Resilience programs.
• Experience in survey methodologies and data analysis
• Broad Food security and multi sector programme knowledge and experience are desirable.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Knowledge of sound research methods and monitoring and evaluation standards;
• Understanding of donor policies, strategies, and programme priorities;
• Advanced computer skills with at least intermediate proficiency in windows based word processing, spreadsheets and development related software.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the job reference code in the subject line, by 19 July 2016 to email@example.com