PROJECT COORDINATOR (Pfizer Life Course Immunization Grant)
The Project Coordinator will ensure overall programmatic and financial accountability for the project, focal point person for key stakeholders at National and district level. Provide leadership to district personnel, support and facilitate planning, designing and implementation of life course immunization programme for the marginalised populations in Gokwe in liaison with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the Expanded Programme for Immunisation (EPI) Technical Working Group.
Facilitate national, provincial and district stakeholder engagement through;
- Coordinating the implementation of the immunisation project with district health officers and other partners in line with the detailed workplan.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders at provincial and district levels to leverage financial and technical opportunities to further strengthen and support implementation of immunisation programme in the two districts.
- Follow up on the recommendations emerging from field visits by technical specialists.
- Provide programmatic support to district programme officers to enhance the identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the immunisation programme.
- Enhance the sustainability of programme activities through ensuring stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
- Convene/participate in coordination of meetings at provincial and district level in liaison with programme field staff.
- Coordinate the use of various IPC platforms to enhance the uptake of lifelong immunisation in targeted communities.
- Facilitate training of faith leaders using the Channels of Hope Model for Maternal and Child Health.
Facilitate and oversee the implementation of immunization programme in the ADP/district.
- Ensure proper implementation of functional systems of multisectoral projects as per partnership and sphere standards.
- Facilitate the building of capacities of communities in implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects.
Develop and disseminate IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials
- Ensure adherence to specific grant requirements regarding the IEC material.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health, Public Health.
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in community development work & health, preferably in charge of a district.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
- Financial management and budgeting for accountability of resources and an in-depth knowledge of project design, project management, and project implementation is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of community development.