Duties and Responsibilities
Support to ZIM-ECO Annual Work Plan implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of Annual Work Plans including effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets;
- Implementation of a filing system for all correspondence to and from the PMU;
- Monitoring, controlling and providing regular updates on project finances, procurement and assets using ATLAS as the Enterprise Resource Planning platform;
- Ensuring that payments are processed with supporting documents in a timely manner;
- Monitoring and reporting on expenditures, including supporting the Finance Specialistin budget revisions;
- Provide secretarial support as needed.
Ensures proper control and internal management of financial processes focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of guidance to ZEC on routine implementation of the project;
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects and supports implementation of audit recommendations;
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for the project;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas;
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
Leads administrative and logistics activities of the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supporting the organization of the project activities, including workshops and other major events;
- Assist the Finance Specialist in developing of a procurement plan in discussion with Zimbabwe Electoral Commission;
- Keeping a track of the implementation of procurement timelines with effective monitoring and follow up;
- Coordination with CO procurement officials for undertaking procurement processes for UNDP delegated procurements;
- Coordination with ZEC procurement officials for undertaking procurement processes assigned to ZEC;
- Following the supply chain management process in procurement from the placement of order to supply and storage of material, safe custody and delivery.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations / project staff;
- Assists the training of ZEC operational staff to build their capacities;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of project implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Research and analysis
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
Maintains effective client relationships
Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and language of the duty station.
DEADLINE – 22 September 2016