POSITION: Programme Coordinator
DUTY STATION: The duty station is Harare
STARTING DATE: September / October 2016
DURATION: 9 months
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 30/08/2016
The candidate is expected to:
- Coordinate and enhance the Cosv strategy in Zimbabwe
- Ensure an efficient and effective overall management (technical, organizational, administrative) of the Cosv in Zimbabwe. In particular:
– Manage and supervise the on-going project;
– Manage the financial resources: verification of the interim reports and fund requests, budget revisions, cost-no cost extension and other inquiries to the donors; procurement procedures, etc;
- Build and maintain relevant relationships with the local authorities, local and international partners and other actors.
- Develop a fruitful collaboration with governmental institutions, local authorities and other actors and partners that play a key-role in projects implementation with the specific purpose of setting the basis for new projects opportunities in the area;
- Build and maintain relevant relationships with Italian partners and public/private stakeholders/potential donors both in Italy, abroad and on the field.
- At least 5 years of management experience in International Development Cooperation;
- Substantial experience working in Africa and Zimbabwe with a particular and solid understanding of its history, cultural, economic, institutional and political features;
- Contributing to the growth of the activity in the country through the creation of new business/project opportunities and the creation of solid and profitable business relations with key stakeholders in Zimbabwe, Italy and EU;
- Proactive aptitude in building and managing partnerships with different bodies and institutions (including profit organizations); strong experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations and donors at senior level;
- Languages: Proficiency in English is a must.
- Ability to process and writing new proposals with high quality standard;
- Administrative and report writing skills (financial and technical reporting);
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience in team building and conflict resolution. Strong facilitation and negotiating skills.
- Previous experience in managing Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs funded projects and sound knowledge of procedures and financing programs will be considered an asset;
- First class communication skills both in English and Italian;
- Track record in developing profitable business relations in the above-mentioned countries;
Interested candidates meeting the above described qualifications should send their CV with a short cover letter by 30/08/2016 to email@example.com specifying Programme Coordinator/VIS in the email subject
Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted