Applications are invited from suitably interested candidates to fill in the following position which has arisen at a Local NGO based in Norton:
The purpose of the job is overseeing all programming, including ensuring the technical quality of services. The organization is looking for an experienced and mature Program Manager who will be responsible for ensuring program coordination and technical quality of service, monitors the implementation of plans, works with the Director to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives, directly facilitates technical capacity building, and supports efforts to roll out of district initiatives intended to improve the technical quality of programming for children affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Program coordination and technical quality of services
- Monitor implementation of plans
- Management of project staff
- Capacity Building
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders that includes Government line ministries
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Program coordination and technical quality of services – The Program Manager (PM) will lead the implementation of all aspects of the organisation’s programs to ensure program quality, timely reporting to donors, and the achievement of strategic objectives and results. Ensures that program vision and plans are innovative and in alignment with donors and the organisation’s program strategies. Provide program oversight
- Monitor implementation of plans – The PM will lead the development of organisational operational plans including annual work plans and quarterly schedules. He/she will facilitate joint periodic review of program implementation together with respective program teams and stakeholders. He/she will ensure the timely production of and submission of quality and comprehensive activity and periodic narrative and statistical program reports to the Board and Donors.
- Management of project staff
The Program Manager will directly supervise the Tsungirirai staff, ensuring full implementation of program activities and policies in line with the organisation’s Strategy, program guidelines and standard operation procedures. He/ She will participate in determining appropriate performance standards and monitoring of program staff performance.
- Technical Capacity Building – Provide operational and technical guidance to the program teams
during implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the organization’s programs.
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders that includes Gvt line ministries: Ability to network and collaborate with other key stakeholders and care providers at all levels.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or other relevant professional qualifications
- At least 7 years’ experience managing donor-funded OVC programs at a senior level, with demonstrated capacity to create and /or maintain complex systems and procedure involving multiple implementations sites, multiple stakeholders, and diverse beneficiaries
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conceptual and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the management of key programmatic areas such as HIV/AIDS and child protection
- Ability to interact and work effectively with stakeholders and teams at all levels
- Clean class 4 drivers licence