Liquid Telecom has established a Value Added Services (VAS) group that is responsible for launching new VAS products across all segments and all countries. This position is responsible for identifying enterprise VAS products (often through partnerships) and the product development up to launch and lifecycle management thereafter. The incumbent will act as the internal and external evangelist of enterprise VAS products, providing leadership, best practices, products, research, sales/marketing material and support within the group. This includes taking the lead, in collaboration with local teams, of market and competitive analysis, creation of marketing requirements, business case analysis, price modelling, as well as sales team training, coordination and deployment of enterprise products.
The Product Manager must be able to communicate with all areas of the business – both local and group levels, including engineering to define product release requirements, marketing and commercial teams to define the go-to-market strategy, sales and operations, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
Superb communication and relational skills are needed as this role covers diverse countries and requires cooperation of staff not under a direct reporting line.
Product Leadership and Strategy
- Provide thought leadership, subject matter expertise and evangelism of enterprise VAS throughout the group.
- Communicate product strategy through the use of market requirements, business cases, pricing models and technology assessments.
- Regular updates on market developments, and internal position/strategy papers.
- Management of Liquid Enterprise VAS best practice documents.
- Weekly email on enterprise VAS breaking news stories.
Product Lifecycle and Development
- Develop and manage the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to operational execution.
- Define market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Define product business and functional requirements and provide support, documentation and other materials.
- Coordinating, reporting, and analysing product market research.
- Provide quarterly updated product landscape report.
- Provide monthly updates on new product developments.
- Develop and manage roaming partners and agreements (both inbound and outbound).
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
- Maintain all agreements and ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Keep local Product Champions informed of vendor roadmaps and changes.
- Ensure local acquisition teams are well trained and on track with site acquisitions.
- Ensure local operating companies have the right VAS products in place to drive their on-going subscription revenues across enterprise. Collate reporting on product performance.
Execution against budget of:
- Customer count
- Revenue and capex spend
- Product GM
- Work with both local and group marketing, business development, planning, sales, network operations, build and finance teams to achieve results.
- Dynamic and fast growing company.
- Extensive decision making authority and independence.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work. Bright personality, well spoken and articulate professional with mature business judgment and strong collaborative style.
- Well-developed communications and presentation skills, able to present to customers at a senior level and company board.
- Excellent creativity, innovation, management and organizational skills
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years in sales and business development, preferably in enterprise segment.
- Demonstrable experience with new product introduction, business development and product management in telecom industry.
- Direct experience developing and bringing enterprise VAS to market added adv.
- Combination of technical and business analytical skills and writing.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecom/Commercial or equivalent
- Master’s degree and/or MBA added advantage
- African multi-country experience added advantage.