POSITION E: PAYROLL ASSISTANT X1
Reports to Payroll Administrator
Location: Head Office
The position exists to assist in the payment of monthly salaries by effecting deductions and remit to the requisite authority and attend to salary queries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives personnel inventory and check against the payroll to confirm location of employees and status.
- Compiles and administer manual payment.
- Compiles & check master file changes on printed reports for accuracy and correctness.
- Submits the payroll report to the Human Resources Manager, in consultation with the Payroll Administrator for authorisation
- Produces statutory and payroll stop order deductions reports and make necessary Cheque requisition to Finance Department for payment.
- Ensures that all stop order payments to third parties are paid within the stipulated time
- Produces, separates and distributes payslips according to their pay points.
- Attends to salary queries; liaise with relevant parties to rectify any anomaly.
- Filing of all payroll documents at the end of each payroll run for easy retrieval
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 A levels preferably including Accounting, Commerce or Economics
- National Diploma in Accounting
- Studying towards a professional qualification e.g. ZAAT, IAC, CIS, CIMA, ACCA (first stage)
- 1 year experience in payroll administration
- Paywell Payroll System Level 1 certificate
Skills and Competences
- Pay attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of educational certificates, and National I.D to:
Human Resource Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Harare International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P Bag 7716
On or Before 5 January 2017