The position of office assistant involves providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient company operations.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages;
- Attend meetings to record minutes;
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports;
- Greet visitors and provide them with relevant information about company products and services;
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and letters;
- Receive payment and record receipts for services;
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work;
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software;
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
Qualifications and requirements
- Relevant certificate, diploma or equivalent;
- A good command of both spoken and written English and Shona;
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and data entry computer applications;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to actively look for ways to help people;
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, and to manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.angelwalt.co.zw/job-application →