International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is anticipating an OFDA funded emergency response project to cover selected districts in Matabeleland South province. The project focus is on addressing emergency nutrition & WASH needs while building the resilience of vulnerable households.
International Medical Corps is therefore seeking qualified candidates for this project. The positions are contingent upon funding being received from the donor. The incumbents will be based in any of the targeted areas of operation and will be working closely with relevant ministries in Matabeleland South.
The Nutrition Officer will help implement health and hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of Nutrition as well as WASH programming are integrated. You will coordinate and manage Nutrition and WASH activities at district and community level.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the Nutrition focal point at district level.
• Supervise Field Officers on project implementation activities.
• Facilitate the planning and implementation of trainings at both community and district level.
• Monitor and evaluate Nutrition and WASH interventions.
• Provide regular updates to the supervisor, team and stakeholders on progress, priorities and constraints.
• Coordinate with local authorities and communities to gain full support in the implementation of nutrition and WASH activities.
• Attend district Nutrition and WASH meetings and ensure effective linkages with relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of the program.
• Maintain records and updates on all key Nutrition and WASH activities conducted in the district.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or Health related field
• 2-3 years of experience in the relevant field
• Extensive experience in working in both Nutrition and WASH programming.
• Proven experience in project management, including financial management, human resources, project writing and reporting.
• Ability to work in rural conditions and strong knowledge on Nutrition and WASH integration.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including word processors and data management software.
Qualified and interested candidates are required to submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae no later than the 15th July 2016. Please ensure that the job title is in the subject line of the email and submit your application to the following email address:
Proficiency in Ndebele is a requirement for the posts.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.