The purpose of this position is to support the Health and Nutrition Team in Mutare in the timely and quality implementation of the health and nutrition activities within the ENSURE program in general and the Drought Response Nutrition Surveillance activities in particular.
Job Description/ Responsibility:
The Nutrition Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of Drought Response Nutrition surveillance activities; these include developing an excel spread sheet for data recording and analysis, capacity building and monitoring VHWs and Nutrition Facilitators, and reporting.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop a excel spread sheet for recording monthly and quarterly nutrition surveillance data.
- Clean the data and create monthly and quarterly reports
- Participate in the training of ENSURE staff on nutrition surveillance data collection and management
- Provide support to the health and nutrition team in the training of Health Facility staff and VHW in nutrition surveillance.
- To provide supportive monitoring and mentoring visits to VHW and Nutrition Facilitators in the implementation of nutrition surveillance activities.
- Help with the collation of monitoring data required for reporting.
- Participate in monthly Health Facility/VHW meetings in the District.
- BSc in Nutrition Degree or equivalent
- Good computer skills– Microsoft word and excel
- Ability to create excel spread sheet for data recording and analysis
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work and stay in rural communities