Please note this vacancy is open only to Zimbabwe Nationals
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist HIV/SRH and in close coordination with ` management team, the Programme Specialist (SRHR coordinator) is a key member of the coordination team for Sexual Reproductive Health and Right (SRHR) component programme under the Health Development Fund (HDF). S/He ensures smooth coordination of all stakeholders supporting SRHR in line with the national priorities for RMNCH-A outlined in the HDF. S/He promotes integration and programme linkages for SRHR activities across sectors and partner organizations.
The Programme Specialist – SRHR Coordinator oversees the work of consultants, advisors, and experts, contributes actively to the work of the programme team and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues. S/he must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Degree in medicine or relevant social sciences, and Master degree in public health or other relevant social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least five years relevant working experience, of which 2 years should be in the management and/or coordination of SRHR programmes in Zimbabwe.
- Experience in coordinating multi-sectoral work that involves government (especially Ministry of Health and Child Care, Ministry of Women Affairs , Gender Equality and Community Development, Ministry of Youth, Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council, and National AIDS Council, etc.), INGOs/NGOs, Civil Society Organizations, Community Based Organizations and Private Sector is an asset.
- Strong understanding and experiences on budget preparation and budget management
- Sound in results based programming and application of HRBA.
- Strong partnership and networking skills.
- Ability to use data analysis tools.
Languages: Fluency in English is required
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click “Apply Now” below.