Location : Harare, ZIMBABWE
Application Deadline : 28 August 2016
Type of Contract : Fixed Term Appointment
Post Level : NOC
Job ID: 5282
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist HIV/SRH and in close coordination with UNFPA management team, the Programme Specialist (SRHR coordinator) is a key member of the coordination team for Sexual Reproductive Health and Right (SRHR) component programme under the Health Development Fund (HDF). S/He ensures smooth coordination of all stakeholders supporting SRHR in line with the national priorities for RMNCH-A outlined in the HDF. S/He promotes integration and programme linkages for SRHR activities across sectors and partner organizations.
The Programme Specialist – SRHR Coordinator oversees the work of consultants, advisors, and experts, contributes actively to the work of the programme team and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues. S/he must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the Technical Specialist HIV/SRH, to ensure development of an integrated SRHR workplan under HDF that is coherent, strategic and addressing national priorities, which cut across different component programmes and various implementing partners;
- Function as a bridge with the HDF coordination team to ensure SRHR workplan is fully integrated in the joint HDF workplan with UNICEF;
- In close collaboration with HDF coordination office in UNICEF as well as the Monitoring and Evaluation teams from SRHR partners to ensure the SRHR logframe, its indicators and targets are SMART and up to date;
- Design and implement systems that coordinate SRHR reporting from multiple partners for HDF on quarterly and annual basis. Critically review and analyse progress, identify issues and propose solutions to improve programme performance both in terms of its effectiveness and efficacy, and monitor implementation of follow-ups actions;
- In close collaboration with the HDF coordination office, ensure quality implementation of joint reviews and joint visits for SRHR programme;
- Coordinate SRHR partners for external reviews and evaluations and ensure implementation of follow-up actions;
- In close collaboration with the communications teams to document best practises and lessons learned for SRHR component programme in HDF;
- Participate in various SRHR working groups such as SRH steering committee, ASRH forum, FP coordination forum, etc. and provide substantive technical inputs to ensure programme synergy and linkages across thematic programmes and by multiple SRHR partners;
- In close coordination with research team of SRHR partners, support the Technical Specialist HIV/SRH to ensure that the research agenda for SRHR in the HDF is based on the priority needs and results are fully utilized to improve policies and plans;
- Support the Technical Specialist HIV/SRH to advise management team on strategic partnership to be built to strengthen coordinated effort for SRHR under HDF. Ensure regular meetings and updates with established partners;
- Support the Technical Specialist HIV/SRH to a) scan the environment that impacts SRHR activities and b) maintain smooth information flows on SRHR activities with key development partners, such as through the Health Development Partners’ Group;
- Support the Technical Specialist HIV/ SRH to carry out policy advocacy on priority SRHR issues with development partners, line Ministries and Civil Society Organizations;
- Support the management team to prepare for HDF steering committee meetings where priority SRHR issues are being addressed. Participation in steering committee and contribute to discussion where relevant; Ensure smooth information flow with UNFPA Programme Management Team as well as external SRHR Partners on relevant developments in the HDF Steering Committee and coordination unit; and coordinate with SRHR partners on implementation of recommendations made by the Steering Committee and prepare reports for presentation to the Steering Committee
- Support resource mobilization through preparing proposals and briefing notes,
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in medicine or relevant social sciences, and
- Master degree in public health or other relevant social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least five years relevant working experience, of which 2 years should be in the management and/or coordination of SRHR programmes in Zimbabwe.
- Experience in coordinating multi-sectoral work that involves government (especially Ministry of Health and Child Care, Ministry of Women Affairs , Gender Equality and Community Development, Ministry of Youth, Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council, and National AIDS Council, etc.), INGOs/NGOs, Civil Society Organizations, Community Based Organizations and Private Sector is an asset.
- Strong understanding and experiences on budget preparation and budget management
- Sound in results based programming and application of HRBA.
- Strong partnership and networking skills.
- Ability to use data analysis tools.
To view the full and detailed job description, selection criteria and submission of applications, please visit the following website http://www.unfpa.org/jobs/ OR Go directly to the following linkhttp://www.unfpa.org/jobs/national-post-programme-coordinator-srhr-zimba…
Candidates are advised to apply online at the above mentioned web site before the closing date. Applications received through any other source will not be considered.
· There are no advance fees, application, processing or other fees at any stage of the application and recruitment process.
· UNFPA does not solicit, screen or discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
· Please note that UNFPA will respond and contact ONLY shortlisted applicants.
· UNFPA is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are encouraged to apply.