Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Financial analysis and oversight for all resources managed by the project and provision of high-quality professional advice to the project management;
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Organization and oversight of project cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprest level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site;
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNDP staff at CO and HQ on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
Ensure implementation of operational and financial management strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
- Project finance business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures in the project and control of the workflows;
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects;
- Elaboration of the framework and conditions of contribution within the CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies (including introduction and development of e-banking);
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UNDP staff at Headquarters of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
Manage the project budget and organize an optimal cost-recovery system, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of all financial resources through planning, guiding, monitoring and controlling of the project resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Preparation and monitoring of project budget in Atlas;
- Regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation of the project;
- Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management.
- Organization of cost-recovery mechanisms for services provided by UNDP ensuring the preparation of pro-forma invoices for UN agencies and monitoring through the Atlas tracking system;
- Collection of information on internal and external clients’ satisfaction and needs in order to develop improvements to services;
- Ensuring that advance payments and direct payments for NEX projects are properly reviewed and made on a timely basis, as well as ensuring that payment information is properly recorded into the Atlas system on a timely basis;
- Ensuring that cost-sharing contributions are properly transferred to UNDP on a timely basis;
- Submission of financial reports to donors on a timely and quality basis.
Ensure proper control of project accounts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; monthly payment orders (MPOs), travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed;
- All financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with IPSAS as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures;
- Manager level 2 for transactions approval;
- Control of accounts closure;
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues;
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for the project and maintenance of the General Ledger;
Ensure capacity building of ZEC, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Based on the training needs assessment report develop a training plan for operations team of ZEC;
- Ensure implementation of the planned training activities with a focus on ensuring training quality;
- Provide feedback to the project management on the training activities implemented.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and sharing in the project and ZEC, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the project and ZEC staff on Finance;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- UNDP Advanced Accountancy & Finance Test required
- 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems with at least 2 years in an election project.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=5273