Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Posting Date: 09/28/2016
Deadline Date: 10/21/2016
Starting Date: 10/24/2016
- Participate as a key member of the program’s Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Support the CD in coordinating the development and timely submission of all program plans, budgets and progress reports to MCHIP headquarters and USAID/Zimbabwe;
- Work closely with the SMT, local team, MCHIP HQ, and USAID in ensuring that all aspects of program strategy, design, planning, implementation, and monitoring are technically sound and uphold the standards of good public health;
- Work closely with the SMT and others in managing all day-to-day operational aspects of the program and ensuring that program implementation proceeds according to plan and within budget;
- In conjunction with the Technical Director, co-supervise the province-based team that is responsible for planning and implementing activities in MCHIP learning sites and coordinate their work with the Harare-based technical and administrative staff and partners;
- Directly supervise the Sr. Finance Manager and Sr. Administration Manager and provide management oversight to the project;
- In conjunction with the Sr. Administration Manager, support all program human resources activities including staff recruitment, staff performance monitoring and review, team building events, etc.;
- Work closely with the Sr. Finance Manager and Finance/Admin teams locally and at HQ in terms of planning, managing, providing routine monitoring and oversight, and communicating about program financial and budgeting issues;
- In conjunction with the SMT, ensure that all program operations, activities, and financial transactions are compliant with USAID, MCHIP, and JSI rules and regulations;
- Provide strategic communications support to technical team members, HQ advisors and the CD in the preparation and packaging of reports, technical briefs and presentations;
- In conjunction with the CD, manage (schedule, prepare for and facilitate, as needed) periodic program reviews (technical and financial as needed) with USAID, MCHIP HQ, MOHCC and other partners;
- Support the SMT and HQ team to coordinate all external (international) and local technical assistance to ensure that it is appropriately timed, supported, and followed up in-country;
- In conjunction with the CD, act as a primary point of contact for USAID, MCHIP partner organizations, and technical advisors supporting the Zimbabwe program, and represent the project, as needed, before program stakeholders;
- Perform the duties of the CD in his/her absence;
- And other duties as assigned by the CD and JSI.
- Public health professional with advanced degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, and experience with community health programming preferred;
- 5-7 years of direct experience managing or supporting the higher level management functions of USAID country programs (strategic planning, finance/budget management, monitoring/evaluation, reporting, personnel management, partner and client relations, program communications, USAID rules/regulations);
- Experience using JSI’s management systems and an understanding of how JSI country programs are organized, supported and managed in the field preferred;
- Ability to organize and work with teams to produce high quality project deliverables on time and according to budget;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, particularly as related to report writing and program presentations;
- Ability to work in culturally and linguistically diverse settings;
- Written and verbal fluency in English;
- Supportive and empowering management and supervisory style;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word, Excel and Power Point skills;
- And ability to work legally in Zimbabwe.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 10/21/2016.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.