My client is looking for a Managing Director for a subsidiary of a global manufacturer of agricultural products. This is an established milling operation based in Zimbabwe, utilizing its own manufacturing plant – primarily focused on milling and selling the wheat and maize based products through retail and industrial channels. This company is being re-positioned as a Consumer Branded entity thus enabling the business to focus on manufacturing and selling a broader basket of products.
Reporting to the CEO (who is based in South Africa) the Managing Director must effectively lead and direct the business, its employees, assets and resources to effectively deliver the objectives of the organisation’s strategic plan and financial performance metrics. This must be achieved in accordance with the Board/Key Stakeholder approved mandates. In addition to providing leadership for the locally based management team, s/he will be required to work collaboratively with the broader Consumer Brands Executive Team and other key management as required.
- At least 10 Years’ senior level experience of managing people & resources and implementing world class management principles and techniques
- Graduate level preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline and/or a professional / post graduate qualification
- An in-depth knowledge of the industry is essential
This Managing Director needs to be a Zimbabwean National Only with the skills to lead a full team.
- Direct and control the work and resources of the Company, ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers, well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its objectives
- Prepare an annual corporate business plan and monitor progress to ensure that the Company attains its objectives cost-effectively and efficiently
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to all key stakeholders, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to ensure the appropriate policies are developed to meet objectives
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments, agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders, to exchange information and ensure the Company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services
- Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure the Company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, revenue flows are maximised and fixed costs/overheads are minimised
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the Company in the wider community
- Represent the Company in negotiations with all relevant stakeholders to secure the most effective contract terms for the Company
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the Company’s work
- Oversee the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts of the Company and ensure their approval by the Board and key stakeholders
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the Company complies with all health, safety and environmental regulations
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Julia Adam at Robert Walters on email@example.com quoting the reference 303960Mna