These jobs are likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). In the field, role holders typically report to the Head of Field Office or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of the logistics operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries in accordance with given Food Delivery Plans
- Supervise and coordinate warehouse activities for all warehouses in-country (WFP and Partners’ warehouses), ensuring effective commodity management, accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place and functioning and that all relevant records are maintained at all warehouses.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity development of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through trainings and contribution to the training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Support Head of Logistics in ensuring adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
- Assist in the review of any proposed in-country changes in the Logistics supply chain, and provide cost assessments for the proposed implementations.
- Periodic reviews and updates the country office Logistics Capacity Assessment.
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
• Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
• Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
• Experience in report writing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application only by E-mail attaching a signed application letter and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc. Applicants are also requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).