Applicants that meet the following requirements are invited for the position of Logistics Intern to carry out the following duties:
- Receive all Purchase Requests Forms (PRF) from departments.
- Obtain price quotations by phone, email or/and in person.
- Maintain up-to-date prices on all goods and services secured by the agency.
- Circulate procurement/bid analysis to procurement committee members for signing after review by Logistics Coordinator.
- Complete payment request forms for review by Logistics Coordinator and signing by relevant signatories as directed by the manager.
- Conduct follow-ups with all distributors, vendors, suppliers and requesters on the status of their purchase requests.
- Maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments.
- Prepare paper work such as original Purchase Orders, invoices and returned goods invoices.
- Notify Stock manager of all incoming shipments and provide copy of documentation immediately after an order has been issued to supplier.
- Studying towards a Degree in Purchasing & Supply Management, Business or Logistics.
- Strong academic performance and career interest in Supply Chain Management.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office
- Excellent personal time management and prioritisation skills
- Driver’s licence
Apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person or by post to:
#16 Lauchlan Avenue,
Email Subject or ATTENTION:”LOGISTICS INTERN”
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 21 September 2016.