Duma Works is recruiting a Lodge Operations Manager for one of our clients in Tanzania. The lodge is one of the most luxurious destinations in East Africa.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
- The main purpose of the Lodge & Operations Manager is to oversee all aspects of the lodge operation and create an environment in which other employees can perform at their optimum and, not only utilize their current skills to their full potential, but also grow and develop within their role thereby delivering a profound guest experience, in line with international service standards and design concepts.
- It is the responsibility of the Lodge & Operations Manager to monitor hospitality services and structural upkeep including housekeeping standards in the lodge. The role is additionally strategic in nature, and the Manager will play a large part in industry forecasting and horizon scanning in order to adapt the product delivery to meet current industry requirements. The Lodge & Operations Manager will be responsible for the financial performance of the lodge and will oversee relevant cost centers’ and monitor revenue streams. Staff development and succession planning is also an integral part of this portfolio together with a marketing awareness and in house marketing focus.
- In this capacity, guest expectations regarding the standard of service should be exceeded. In addition, the lodges need to be monitored so that they run in a cost effective manner, within a defined budget; in a manner which is conducive to positive inter-personal relationships between staff; and at a superior level of efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that the morale of the lodge staff is kept at a high level, that staff are developed on an ongoing basis and that staff with competencies and skills meeting job requirements are recruited for the department.
- Drive the broader goals of the company, in terms of the lodge, by planning and implementing Strategic Management Plans
- Management and training of the lodge staff
- Ensure ultimate guest relations with the guest relations manager in the lodge and that the “at home” personal attention levels are maintained
- Maintain the design and look of the property as per the standards set out by the design team
- Adapt and re-invent service standards according to industry demands
- Bridge the gap between the lodge staff and property operational requirements and the expectations of the directors.
Skills & Behaviours:
- Local & International Food and Beverage knowledge (wine knowledge an advantage)
- Financial management understanding
- Leadership skills
- A hardworking, co-operative manner, self motivated
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the industry
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional English and a second European language would be an advantage
- Good computer literacy and hotel management systems training
- Excellent management ability
- A clear understanding of basic labor law and disciplinary procedures
- A developmental approach to staff
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of housekeeping and maintenance procedures
- An awareness of developments within the food and lodge industries, as well as international trends in hospitality
- At least 5 years experience in the hospitality industry
- At least a diploma in Hospitality or any other related field
Do you believe you are the most suitable for this role? Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. As the subject line of your email, write “2128” and please make sure to include, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2128, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 1st April 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.