Legal Officer/ Company Secretary
Microcred is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Microcred was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
To know more: www.microcred.org
For our subsidiary in Harare, Zimbabwe and in a growth context, we are looking for a Legal Officer /Company Secretary
Supervisor: Reporting to the CEO
- Provides legal advisory services including but not limited to loan recovery.
- Directs litigation matters.
- Reviews banking documents for the purpose of checking their validity, legality and compliance with local/international laws.
- Ensure that all banking operations and transactions are in accordance with general rules and company policies in order to protect the bank’s property and reputation.
- Review 3rd party contracts.
- Provide support in compliance related matters and risk management.
- Give advice on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Liaise with external counsel where necessary.
- Drafting and reviewing of commercial and financial agreements.
- Advise and supporting managers in structuring, negotiating, finalizing and maintaining all commercial and financial arrangements.
- Drafting contracts.
- Advise management in structuring, negotiating and executing transaction with 3rd
- Address on-going legal obligations including compliance with government authorities and anti money-laundering issues.
- Act as corporate secretary handling corporate governance and board related matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and discretion with confidential information
- Very good, clear and concise writing skills
- Highly structured and creative
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and problem solver.
- At least four years experience in similar position
- Bachelor of Laws degree or its equivalent from a common law jurisdiction
- A member of the local Bar association/registered as a legal practitioner under the Legal Practitioners Act
Status: Local contract with MicroCred Zimbabwe.
All interested and eligible Zimbabwe nationals who meet the criteria on the advertisement are welcome to apply for the post. Owing to the urgency of this position we will start the review process as we receive applications and this advert may not run beyond 28 July 2016 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications and detailed cvs should be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please note that Microcred does not charge a fee or require personal banking details at any stage of the recruitment process.