Technician: Field Operations – Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
Key Result Areas
• Responds to, attends, resolves real time traffic affecting network faults as given by the NOC whilst complying to timelines stipulated in the Policies and Procedures.
• Attends and resolves Network power faults received from Network Operations Centre according to the Policies & Procedures.
• Attends, none traffic affecting network faults as given by Network Operations Centre whilst complying to timelines stipulated in the Policies and procedures.
• Attends and resolves Customer Complaints faults received from Network Operations Centre according to Policies and procedures.
• Gives feedback on fault resolution to Network Operations Centre, while escalating challenges to Team leader according to Policies and procedures.
• Provides second level troubleshooting and support to resolve network issues.
• Works within established configurations and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Performs PAS routine checks-telecom and passive equipment and fuel availability.
• Implements upgrades, downgrades and/or decommissioning of network elements according to issued IWO.
• Participate in scheduled PATs for allocated list of sites according to PnP, giving feedback to Team Leader on progress and challenges.
• Give feedback to Deployment & Engineering and Network Operations centre on identified abnormal network conditions.
• Supervise preventive and corrective maintenance of passive equipment by contractors.
• Ensure that all ESMS /SHE regulatory requirements and standards are complied with in line with Econet Wireless Private Limited policies and procedures.
• Upkeep of tools & test gear in good condition and participate in scheduled tool checks.
• Work in a manner consistent with law, policy, use the provided protective clothing and shall not do anything that endangers one’s life and the life of others.
• Report all incidents or accidents involving staff, its contractors, Suppliers, Agents and members of the public which the staff members is aware of.
• Carry out passive equipment installations according issued out work orders.
• To compile work related reports as prescribed by Team Leader, such as incident reports, daily reports etc.
• Liaises with external parties on outstanding network affecting issues – ZESA, Powertel, Liquid Telecom, TelOne, ZTE, Government Agencies, etc.
• Interacts with landlords and customers for site access and network related issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 6 “O” Levels including Mathematics, Science and English.
- 2 A levels passes
- Diploma or HND in Telecommunication Electrical, Civil or Air Conditioning Engineering, plus City & Guilds
- A least 2 years experience in Telecoms or area of specialization, preferably in GSM/mobile field
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply