SALES AND RESERVATIONS TEAM LEADER – Matobo Hills Lodge
At Matobo Hills Lodge, our purpose is simple: to live, breathe and deliver on Affordable Luxury. That “Affordable Luxury” is providing the very best customer service, customer experience, and company culture. An exciting Zimbabwean Safari brand with over 70 000 followers (and growing) on Social Media, we aim to inspire the entire African Safari Industry by showing it’s possible to be a brand that simultaneously delivers happiness to customers, employees and the community in a long-term, sustainable way.
We also just happen to be an exceptional 18 room boutique lodge nestled in the heart of the Matobo Hills.
We are now seeking a mature dedicated, determined, outspoken person that fit in with our company culture and values, who that can engage and involve people, and will participate in pushing the company forward.
We are looking for a SALES AND RESERVATIONS TEAM LEADER to manage our team and provide guidance to sales personnel . You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating MHL sales team members on a daily basis.
As a SALES AND RESERVATIONS TEAM LEADER you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
- Set a good example for the MHL team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for MHL sales office.
- Meet with travel agents one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual MHL Sales rep once a quarter.
- Coach individual sales representative’s one-on-one through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance.
- Participate in sales call rides and planned field days to sell to Travel Agents.
- Counsel, support, discipline, and fire underperforming sales representatives.
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly.
- Ensure that reps use sales technologies, such as a Customer relationship management (CRM), correctly.
- Plan and implement training programs. Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers.
- Plan and preside over weekly sales team meetings.
- Motivate and engage the sales team with monetary and non-monetary motivational tactics, such as sales contests, lucrative incentive packages, prizes, and public recognition.
- Unite the team: Ensure MHL sales reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices
Managing customer needs
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service. This includes responding on google places, TripAdvisor, Booking.com etc
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates.
- Provide advanced negotiation expertise.
- Connect company office with customers when taking payments.
Managing the business
- Determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals for lodge.
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue.
- Excellent interpersonal sales skills on phone and email.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Degree in Management or training in team leading is a plus
How To Apply
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: ASAP or by availability
1st Round of interviews: In Bulawayo 22th to 24th January
- Address Bulawayo
- Job Application Details Position: SALES AND RESERVATIONS TEAM LEADER Work station: Bulawayo Application deadline: 19.01.2020 Applications can be sent to: email@example.com Start date: ASAP or by availability 1st Round of interviews: In Bulawayo 22h to 24th January