Receptionist – World Vision
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Purpose of Position
To operate the switchboard and provide a professional and efficient service to visitors at all times whilst portraying a good corporate image by virtue of being the first port of call of the organization. To process payments for couriers and service providers and be responsible for receiving and screening of visitors for all staff as well as undertake secretarial duties for the Administration department.
- Receiving incoming calls and making outgoing calls for all staff.
- Receive, direct and relay messages to staff timeously.
- Attending to visitors and maintaining decorum and a high degree of quality communication between the organization and visitors.
- Provides secretarial services to Administration & Procurement Coordinator and the Admin department as a whole.
- Responsible for the receipt and transmission of documents by couriers.
- Receives mail and ensures it is directed to the relevant departments promptly.
- Ensures the reception area is presentable at all times.
- Responds to general public enquiries.
- Attend and participate in daily devotional and weekly chapel meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by the Administration & Procurement Coordinator and Admin Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Administration, Office Management
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Receptionist preferable in an NGO environment.
- Public Relations qualification an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
How to apply
TO APPLY CLICK HERE