Position Title: Project Coordinator (WFP Urban Social Assistance)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator who has the overall responsibility for designing implementation; coordinating, overseeing and monitoring cash assistance and resilience building activities, ensuring that objective are met through the effective and efficient implementation of cash based program, as well as capacity building support to WV staff and its local partners. The cash & voucher programming Project Coordinator will regularly attend National Cash Working Group (NCWG) meetings chaired by WFP to keep abreast of emerging issues and standards in cash based programming. Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to the following
- Programming & Operations
- Adopt and maintain relevant standard operational procedures (SOP) for cash interventions.
- Monitoring Cash and Vouchers distributions and Ensure activities implemented as per approved Cash Programming Standard.
- Ensure adherence to World Vision International policies and donor requirements.
- Involve and inform communities about the relevant Project Activities.
- Train project staff and project beneficiaries on key World Vision Resilience and Livelihoods programing models with support from NO staff.
- Ensure the appropriate and timely use of data collection and monitoring tools as guided by relevant WV Resilience and Livelihoods programming models.
- Provide high level of Coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and Share beneficiaries’ database(s) on regular basis with the concerned departments.
- Follow up and Resolve the queries in conjunction of Accountability department and/or other departments.
- Work-closely with the contracted Banks/ MNO for monthly reconciliation.
- Conduct field visits on monthly basis and maintain the MOVs for official record.
- Conduct field visit prior to any planned distribution of Cash programming instruments to ensure the amenities and minimum distribution standards as per WVI distribution mechanism and strategy.
- Adhere to the weekly and monthly reporting deadline advised by the line manager.
- Main project related MOVs on monthly basis for review by line manager and audit purposes.
- Ensure compliance within project systems and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Organization, administration and personnel management
- Overall coordination of operational staff dedicated to cash assistance.
- Organize and/or facilitate technical trainings for and partner’s staff.
- Any other duties as agreed with the supervisor.
- All responsibilities need to be executed in an unbiased and transparent manner. The position requires self-discipline to work independently.
Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in Social, humanitarian aid or a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 year of proven experience in the field of food security and/or cash and voucher-based programming.
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation, good interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation skills
- Culture sensitive
- Prioritization and time management
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, ability to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, negotiation and promotion Experience in dealing with a local NGO partner in project implementation.
- Excellent computer and database are essential
- Prior distribution management experience
- Good organizer, pro-active and dynamic with the right portion of common sense.
Core Capabilities: Achieving quality results and service Practicing accountability and integrity Communicating information effectively Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly Understanding the Humanitarian industry Understanding WV’s mission & operations Practicing continuous innovation & creativity Learning for growth and development Maintaining work/life balance Building collaborative relationships Practicing gender & cultural diversity Influencing individuals & groups
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click Here To Apply