Procurement Officer – Plumtree Town Council
Plumtree Town Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the Procurement Officer vacancy
• Ensuring effective and efficient management of the section operations
• Developing and implementation of the procurement plan for Council, policies and risk management
• Advising the Accounting Officer on all procurement issues
• Preparing bid documents in compliance with statutory provisions
• Managing the evaluation of bids and post qualification negotiations
• Preparing evaluation reports, contract award recommendations, submit all evaluations to Accounting Officer in line with Procurement Act
• Managing all procurement of materials, contracts, services and supplies
Qualifications and Attributes
• Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply management or equivalent, from a recognised university/college
• Membership of a recognised Professional body
• Computer literacy
• Clean class 4 drivers licence
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound knowledge of the operations of Local Authorities and public procurement
• Sound appreciation of the Public Procurement & Disposal of Public Assets Act (Chap 22:23)
• Mature individual a with clean record of service & high integrity
• No criminal record
• At least 3 years post qualification experience in a local authority or similar environment at management level
How To Apply
Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified academic and professional qualifications to be forwarded to the undersigned, on or before 28 February 2020.
Plumtree Town Council
320 Central Road
P. Bag 5911
Plumtree Town Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Suitably Qualified Persons Are Encouraged To Apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.