Procurement Officer – MINERALS MARKETING CORPORATION OF ZIMBABWE
In line with the Corporation’s strategic initiatives towards increased value addition and foreign currency generation, Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ), is seeking suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following position:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER: GRADE D2
Reporting to the General Manager, this position exists to manage the daily operations of the Procurement Management Unit (PMU) to ensure that the material and service requirements of the Corporation are met on time and to the best advantage of the Corporation.
The incumbent will be required to:
• Reviewing, overseeing and approving all tender processes • Determining procurement methods to be used • Reviewing tender documents in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDPA) Act (Chapter 22:23} and PPDPA Regulations (Statutory Instrument 5 of 2018) the Procurement Act and Procurement Regulations for sourcing of goods and services • Providing technical advice to the evaluation committees and all MMCZ departments • Preparing the Procurement Management Unit reports recommending award for tenders to the Accounting Officer • Preparing of evaluation reports to the Procurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe for tenders that require prior reviews ■ Developing the procurement plans and recommend for approval ■ Supervising staff for ensure work assignments are complete • Facilitating the drafting and management of service contracts • Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Accounting Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent should at least possess the following:
■ Degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
• Full member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) a must.
■ A minimum of three years’ experience in public procurement
• Knowledge of SAP or any ERP is an added advantage
• Familiar with government of Zimbabwe procurement regulations and tender requirements
• Clean class 4 driver’s licence
Interested candidates must submit their applications, curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant professional and academic certificates clearly indicating the position being applied for, to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager or email to: Procofficer@mmcz.co.zw
Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe 90 Mutare Road Msasa P Bag 2628 Harare
Closing Date for applications is 8 November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.