Procurement Clerk – Zimbabwe National Roads Administration (Zinara)
The position exists to assist the Procurement Officer in the provision of procurement and logistics services for the organisation by ensuring proper support services to all divisions within ZINARA and ensure an efficient and effective workflow free of disruptions. The position is be responsible for taking purchase requests from various departments within the organisation, getting price quotes from suppliers and contacting suppliers to schedule deliveries or to discuss shortages or missed deliveries.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
• Determine if inventory quantities are enough for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
• Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
• Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
• Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications. Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
• Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
• Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
• Compiling comparative schedules of suppliers’ recommendations.
• Ensuring that invoices and all proof of supplies are recorded and sent to accounts for payment.
• Filing of all procurement documents
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Purchasing and Supply
• Part C IPS
• Working knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act (Ca p.22:23)
• At least 2 years in a similar Position
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
• Clean class 4 Driver’s Licence.
How To Apply
Written applications including CVs and certified copies of certificates should be submitted not later than 24 January 2020 to:
Director Administration & Human Resource Zimbabwe National Road Administration 489 Runiville, Glenroy Crescent,