Loss Control Manager
Responsible for the overall loss control department for the Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (Cottco) and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Managing Director. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of Cottco.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops appropriate structure for the loss control and security department.
2. Proposes security policy to management.
3. Monitors compliance of the security system.
4. Draws standard procedures for security and loss control.
5. Prepares budget for the loss control department.
6. Formulates and prepares risk management strategies and policies for security needs of the whole organization to minimize losses.
7. Draws security work-plans and programs for each region.
8. Carries out investigations for all cases involving employees at all levels.
9. Conducts security vetting of prospective employees.
10. Decides on appropriate treatment of investigations i.e. referrals to the police or deal with the case internally.
11. Liaises with law enforcement agents and outsourced security agents
12. Reports cases and incidences direct to the Managing Director.
13. Oversees and supervises work of contracted security companies and decides on how they are deployed.
14. Performs special investigations as directed by the Managing Director
15. Promotes security and risk control awareness i.e. crime prevention and awareness campaigns.
16. Checks on enforcement of controls in the organization.
17. Assist safety department in coordinating the emergency preparedness system e.g. fire system
18. Represents the company in the courts of law.
• Degree in Social Sciences or any related field.
• Diploma or higher qualification in Security Management.
• Security Forces working experience desirable.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role.
NB: All applications with cover letters and cvs to be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org