Internal Audit Manager – Cottco
Responsible for the overall internal audit department for the Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (Cottco) and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Managing Director and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of Cottco.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
2. Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
3. Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
4. Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
5. Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
6. Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
7. Consults with and advises Line Managers and staff on operational and administrative issues.
8. Keeps abreast of the company’s policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local laws, as applicable.
9. Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
10. Investigates and determine causes of irregularities, and errors
11. Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of Cottco’s financial statements.
• Degree in Accounting or any related field.
• CA or equivalent a must.
• Master’s degree qualification an added advantage.
• Working knowledge generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Auditing Standards a must.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role.
NB:All applications with cover letters and cvs to be addressed to :email@example.com