Housing Officer – MSU
Duties And Responsibilities
- Receiving housing applications.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing guests.
- Ensuring that the check-in processes operate smoothly.
- Making sure guests do not overstay their given period.
- Liaising with the Housing and Office Allocation Committee on rental reviews.
- Inspecting houses and identifying housing needs.
- Communicating with the Department of Projects and Maintenance if there is need for any repairs.
- Interpreting and implementing housing policy.
- Responding to guests’ complaints.
- Reporting to the Director when there are issues related to the running of the guest house.
- Coordinating the hire of University facilities.
- Checking the availability of accommodation.
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 O’ levels including English language and Mathematics.
- Holder of a first Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- 3 years of supervisory level experience.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is 14 February 2020. Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.