Head of Credit
• Responsible for underwriting and managing credit risk, budgeting and ensuring achievement of the set financial targets.
• Direct and provide strategic leadership to the Credit Division.
• Strategy formulation and execution to ensure effective credit risk management.
• Provide risk intelligence and guidance to Executive Management and the Board on credit management and market business intelligence.
• Credit creation, loan portfolio management and administration.
• Conduct investment appraisals, evaluations and due diligence on potential borrowers/ investors.
• Credit analysis, vetting and approval of loans within delegated limits of authority.
• Manage the loan risk grading, loan loss provisioning and credit risk assessment.
• Ensure proper collateral registry and management systems are in place and being followed.
• Enforce compliance with relevant governance and legislation/ regulations.
• Keep abreast with latest risk management standards and developments • Recovery of bad debts in line with legal requirements.
• Coach and train staff on credit issues.
• Degree in Banking and Finance, Business Administration or Accounting or related field.
• Professional Qualification in Credit Management is a must.
• Full IOBZ is an added advantage.
• A Masters in Business Administration or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Professional qualification in microfinance or proof of working towards attaining the qualification is a must.
• An in-depth understanding of microfinance retail business will be an added advantage.
• At least 8 years Credit Risk Management experience of which 5 years should be at senior management level in a Commercial Bank or Microfinance Bank.
• Proven skills in risk identification.
• Good analysis and effective management skills.
• Good financial analysis and reporting.
How To Apply
Email CVs to email@example.com
Deadline for application is 10 February 2020