Head of Banking
• Design of the appropriate operations systems, customer centric back and front office processes and procedures.
• Formulate the bank’s policies, processes and procedures and develop relevant manuals.
• Participate in all the systems procurement, testing and implementation processes so as to achieve bank objectives.
• Participate in the systems and user testing, sign offs and system Go Live processes • Ensure Bank registration on all relevant industry association memberships.
• Put systems and processes to support the branch roll out plan.
• Monitor branch outfitting in preparation for opening to the public.
• Ensure branch readiness before opening to the public.
• Monitor and supervise daily operations to ensure free flowing of processes.
• Put in place effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans.
• Enforce strict internal controls to mitigate risk.
• Ensure client data is protected from the public and secured against fraud by enforcing access rights and verification levels.
• Ensure effective cost containment and cost effective processes and measures are put in place
• Manage interbank relations.
• Keep up to date with regulatory changes and timeously disseminating across the bank. • Staff training on policies, processes and procedures and ensure adherence to them.
• Regular reviews of policies, processes and procedures in line with systems, regulatory, internal and market changes as they happen.
• Ensure operational support to all banking functional areas.
• Be the link between RBZ, other banks and microfinance organisation on banking operational issues.
• University degree in Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Banking /Finance or related field.
• Professional qualification in Banking or Full IOBZ is a must.
• A Masters in Business Administration or equivalent is an added advantage.
• Professional qualification in microfinance or proof of working towards attaining the qualification is a must.
• 8 years commercial banking or microfinance experience in a similar field with at least 5 years’ experience at senior management level.
• Detailed knowledge in formulating Banking procedures and policy manuals for all banking functions.
• Detailed understanding of Risk management principles.
• Leadership, presentation, report writing, team building, development, mentoring and management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and effective time management.
• Excellent in communication, negotiation, interpersonal and crisis management.
How To Apply
Email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is 10 February 2020