FRONT DESK ASSISTANTS x2 POSTS (Payclass 06) Student Housing and Residence Life Department of Student Affairs – University of Capetown Town
We invite applications from dynamic, motivated and organized persons with a student/customer centered
approach, for appointment as soon as possible.
Student Housing & Residence Life primarily offers a living and learning experience to students in residences during
the academic period. The Student Housing section manages facilities in all the residences. During the vacation
periods residences are used to accommodate guests and students. Pressure and volume of work is variable within
the annual cycle with peaks during the start and end of each semester. Annual leave is taken by agreement.
A Front Desk Assistant provides a valuable administrative and reception service in the residence.
• Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification (NQF 4)
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience within the facilities/student services/hospitality/customer services
• Computer literacy (MS Word; MS Excel and e-mail)
• Planning and organising, as well as monitoring and reporting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
Experience in Residence Management System (RMS)/Mercury and Database management would be advantageous.
• Administrative and front of house services at a residence level
• Assist with coordinating, executing and monitoring services via Student Housing & Residence Life policy
and standard operating procedures
• Record keeping and liaison with Student Housing & Residence Life central office
• Co-ordination and training of student reception staff at a residence level
The annual cost of employment, including benefits is between R203 787 and R239 748.
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms. Monavin Phillips at
Fdaroch10email@example.com or hand deliver to Ms. Monavin Phillips at Forest Hill A block, Broad Street,
– Completed UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Letter of motivation, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 1054 Website: www.hr.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E20127 Closing date: 07 February 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our
Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. Indian, African, Coloured males & African females) South
African targeted candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.