DIRECTOR – PENSIONS – IPEC
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the
above position, which
has arisen within the Insurance and Pensions Commission (IPEC).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To drive the effective regulation of the Pensions industry by ensuring that all players meet registration and operational requirements as stipulated in the Pensions and Provident Funds Act and other enabling legislation.
The responsibilities of the job will include:
• Developing the Commission’s pension industry supervision and regulation strategy
• Overseeing the Registration of Pension Funds
• Monitoring the financial soundness of Pension Funds
• Identifying risks and make the requisite recommendations to the Commissioner
• Ensuring protection of the interests of Pension Fund members and beneficiaries
• Overseeing the dissolution of Pension Funds
• Monitoring investment portfolios of Pension Funds
• Making recommendations on amendments to enabling Acts
• Excellent thought leadership skills
• Strong research skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Law, Business studies, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
• A relevant professional qualification in pensions is an added advantage.
• A relevant Masters’ degree would be a distinct advantage
Minimum 7 years post qualification experience in the financial services, insurance or regulatory sector at senior management level.
Interested persons should submit their written applications together with a detailed CV and certified
copies of ID, academic and professional qualifications
by not later than 15 January 2020 to:
The Commissioner, Insurance and Pensions Commission, 160 Rhodesville Avenue, Greendale, Harare Email: firstname.lastname@example.org