DEPUTY CHIEF REGISTRAR – Deeds, Companies and Intellectual Property (E5): Bulawayo Office
REPORTS TO: CHIEF REGISTRAR: Deeds, Companies And Intellectual Property: Harare Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 . Manage the operation and activities of the Deeds, Companies and Intellectual Property, Bulawayo Office.
2. Recommend policy review on Deeds Companies and Intellectual Property matters.
3. Oversee the examination of all company documents to ensure adherence with the provision of the Companies Ad.
4. Supervise the registration of Companies, Patents, Trademarks and Industrial Designs as well as their removal from the register.
5. Monitor preparation of reports to high Court and Supreme Court in contested matters and matters of appeal.
6. Manage the preparation of estimates of expenditure for the office;
7. Monitor revenue and expenditure of the Office and prepare financial performance reports;
8. Direct investigations and processing of misconduct cases for the office;
9. Coordinate and implement the Office’s Training Development and Performance Appraisal system; 1 0. Manage, control and account for the financial and human resources allocated to the Office; 1 1. Manage and account for the Office’s assets;
1 2. Supervise, counsel and coach subordinates.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Laws/Real Estate Management/Intellectual Property Degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• A Master’s Degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage.
• Extensive experience in the field of examination and registration of titles, companies and intellectual property.
• Thorough understanding of the Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05) the Company Act (Chapter 24:03 )and the Private Business Corporations Act (Chapter 24:1 1)
• Have knowledge of relevant statutes.
• Have sound understanding of Public Service Regulations and procedures
• Have sound financial management and project management skills.
• Be computer literate.
Copies of applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, certified academic and professional qualifications, national identity card and birth certificate should be directed to;
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF JUSTICE, LEGAL AND PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS P. BAG 7751 CAUSEWAY
6th FLOOR, NEW GOVERNMENT BUILDING
CENTRAL AVENUE, HARARE
The deadline of submission of applications is 31 December, 2019