CLIENT LIAISON OFFICER (Payclass 09; Permanent) Executive Education Graduate School of Business – University of Capetown Town
The UCT Graduate School of Business invites applications from dynamic and energetic individuals with sound
communication and sales and advisory skills, to apply for a permanent post of Client Liaison Officer, for the
Executive Education Team.
The primary purpose of the role is to maintain an integrated sales and business development function within the
GSB’s Executive Education that will enable and support the achievement of the its recruitment strategies. The
successful person will be required to assist with the growth of existing and new business.
This will be achieved through proactive, professional and customer centric management of the sales process. You
will report directly to the Department Manager of Executive Education.
The role of the Client Liaison Officer includes but not limited to the following:
• The overall effective and efficient management of enquiries of all Executive Education (EE) programmes, with
the objective of sourcing, maintaining and converting queries in to applications on all programmes
• Management of the medium term lead funnel particularly focusing on client-centricity, student enquiries,
conversion cycle and ensuring of optimal student throughput levels
• The recording, maintenance and analysis of programme statistics and insights for generation of reports and
management of client relationships
• Maintenance of the current and correct relevant student data on all GSB and UCT systems
• A relevant 3 year tertiary qualification
• Minimum experience of 3-5 years of Sales, Marketing and Advisory, preferably in a higher education
• Experience with budgeting and financial administration
• Well-developed and professional interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective time-management skills and the ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task within a highly
• Strong Project Management skills
• High level of computer literacy
• Managing Sales conversions
• Relationship Management
• Capturing data and generating reports for market analysis
• Executive Education Website Management
• Liaising with GSB’s Marketing team to provide feedback on quality of leads being generated
• Upholding GSB values
The annual cost of employment for 2020, including benefits, is between R402 275 and R473 264.
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/gsb-vacancies, select the position you wish to apply for, follow
the brief registration process at the bottom of the advert and submit the following documents:
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Cover letter motivating your application
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 406 1508 Website: www.gsb.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E19485 Closing date: 09 February 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at
http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract
black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.