Assistant Commodity Accounting and Reporting Officer – World Vision
Purpose of the Position:
Administer the CTS database
Manage all the tracking procedures in the commodity department to ensure all food transactions are accounted for in compliance with donor requirements and regulations (WFP)
Ensure the commodity accounting procedures in Zimbabwe are in compliance with the WV partnership commodity accounting manual.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Review all Commodity Reports at District level.
- Ensure that the Commodity Reports are accurate and reliable for completion of the monthly Commodity Status Reports; including the CSR, LSR and RSR.
- Work with the Commodity Officer to supervise and provide training for all other commodity staff especially Commodity Assistants and warehouse supervisors at field level.
- Responsible for data integrity. Prepare accurate and reliable statistical analysis as required by the management.
- Plan for spot checks in all warehouses to review the physical inventory, stacking, ledger books and stack cards.
- CTS Database management for World Vision
- Maintain a clear and complete paper trail for all the commodity transactions from WFP and or from port to World Vision main warehouses, to secondary warehouses to distribution centers and finally to end users / beneficiaries.
- Maintain a clear accounting and documentation process for each shipment and maintain the shipment files.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Commodity Officer or his/her designee.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires a Bachelor Degree from a University in Business, Accounting or Statistics. Some knowledge of warehousing, transport, shipping and practical freight forwarding is an added advantage.
- Past experience preferably with a busy NGO or a UN agency in handling of food commodities and Commodity tracking / accounting. Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to Commodities accountability and reporting.
- Requires experience in port operations, clearing and forwarding, dispatch and logistics planning, warehousing, storekeeping, bookkeeping and computer knowledge especially spreadsheets and Commodity Tracking Systems or Statistics packages. Must have strong analytical skills.
- This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the tasks with little or no supervision. He/she must be diligent in paperwork, have integrity and be able to cooperate with warehousemen, truck drivers and transporters.
Click Here To Apply