Agriculture Extension Officers – COTTCO
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions that have arisen within COTTCO.
• Develops a competent grower base through the provision of farmer training, technical and extension services on cotton production by holding liaison meetings with group leaders/ farmers, organising field days and grower of the year ceremonies.
• Carries out credit assessments of farmers for a particular catchment area according to laid down credit assessment procedures.
• Ensures timely disbursement of inputs to growers for the production of seed cotton to meet set targets.
• Carries out field assessments, crop forecasts and crop validations for a particular catchment area and submit to Area Manager.
• Assists Area Manager with distribution of empty packs to farmers and conduct mobile buying of seed cotton.
• Procures high quality and quantity of seed cotton to meet set targets.
• Maintains a good image of the company through the provision of excellent customer services by all employees within the catchment area.
• Complies with safety, health and environmental regulations.
• Ensures implementation of the Quality Management System according to the current ISO Standard.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma/Certificate in Agriculture/Agronomy/Crop Science.
• A degree in the relevant area will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years post qualification experience.
• Should be a holder of a class 3 drivers/bikers’ licence
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs and certificates clearly marked “AGRICULTURE EXTENTION OFFICER” or “AREA MANAGER” by no later than the 11th of October 2019 to email@example.com or:
The Human Resources Manager COTTCO
1 Lytton Road, Workington
P.O. Box 2697
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.