IT /Web Designer/ Developer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating a site or pages, this includes the design, layout and coding, this can mean working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- creating web site designs
- producing sample sites
- meeting with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites
- keeping up-to-date with recent technological and software developments
- producing products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
There can be some pressure to meet deadlines when extra hours may be required.
Qualifications and training required
Relevant IT, computer science or engineering qualifications. Generally, computing experience or a postgraduate IT conversion course (for graduates without relevant degrees) can be useful. It is essential to provide us with links to/sample demonstrations of web pages that you have produced. Minimum 2 years experience in web development.
Key skills for web designers
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Technical ability
- Excellent IT skills
- programming: .net; XML/XSLT; ASP; PHP; Python.
- design and graphics: InDesign; Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
- content management system (CMS): WordPress; Adobe Business Catalyst; Drupal; Ektron; Zope.
To apply send CV and Cover letter and 2 links to previous work done to firstname.lastname@example.org.