Purpose of the Position:
Support and maintain the day-to-day operations of WV Zimbabwe’s management information systems, through the provision of a client-oriented service that focuses on the support of staff and the implementation of innovative solution that automate business process and inform decision-making.
- To work closely with the ICT Team Lead in the implementation of projects that particularly support the Ensure Project.
- To take a leading role in the service transition stage of the service delivery model.
- To provide technical support to all staff in the areas of:
- Incident Management
- Event Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Access Management
- Identify and address user training needs for all WV Zimbabwe IT users appropriately.
- To drive operational level processes associated with outsourcing the hardware repair function and other highly specialised areas in line with the MIS service delivery process and FFM/Audit requirement.
- Maintaining a virus free systems environment by deploying updates to remote sites.
- Maintaining an antispyware free systems environment by deploying updates to remote sites.
- Empowering users on how to best take care of their IT equipment.
- Provide technical advice to the ICT Team Lead in decisions relating to the strategic use of business applications.
- Make recommendations to the Finance and Administration Manager on the acquisition of new technologies and the deployment of existing ones and replacement of old hardware.
- Document best practices of technical processes that are relevant to the position.
- Provide emergency on call support on a rotating schedule
- Assist the IT Officer responsible for National Office support in dealing with work load so as to ensure that services are delivered and maintained at the agreed levels.
- To ensure regular backup of data for users according to the disaster recovery policy
- Server Administration and Management
- Network Administration
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Information Technology/ Information Systems
- Application development qualification will be an added advantage.
- Five years working experience in the information technology/ information systems context, two of these spend administering an office network.
- An exceptional understanding of the Lotus notes platform and the infrastructure that supports it including ISP relations and remote user connectivity.
- Working experience in Lotus Notes, Sun Systems and Windows operating systems (server and clients). A certification in any of these would be an added advantage.