HEADHUNTER IS RECRUITING FOR:
Applications are invited from individuals with suitable qualifications and experience for the above mentioned position.
The position reports to the Internal Audit & Risk Manager.
The position exists to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services by ensuring the timely execution of risk-based internal audits under the direction of the Internal Audit & Risk Manager and in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Internal Auditor (C.I.A.) or equivalent
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors(IIA)
- 3 -5 years’ experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Iinvestigating fraudulent acts involving Organization Assets and Liabilities.
- Raising fraud awareness in the organization.
- Recommending appropriate fraud prevention mechanisms to be put in place.
- Carrying out analyses, critiques, and evaluations to determine legal, contractual and financial compliance, economy, and efficiency and performance effectiveness of the activities of the area under review.
- Auditing accounting, operations, and practices to determine accuracy and compliance with standards, best practices, procedures, and law.
- Reviewing accounting and administrative controls to evaluate soundness and reliability.
- Carrying out research on international internal audit standards developments & other market developments on an on-going basis.
- Reviewing internal control system procedures for all BUs & Departments and making recommendations.
- Monitoring compliance of practice to statutory regulations by all BUs & Departments.
- Obtaining, analysing, and appraising evidentiary data as a base for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- Preparing working papers for review by the Internal Audit & Risk Manager.
- Making oral or written presentation to management on conclusion of the examinations.
- Updating the Quality Management procedures.
- Facilitating ISO awareness by all staff in the organisation.