Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns publicly for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are ready to implement projects with a high level of commitment under the current particular conditions and possess the qualities listed below, we look forward to receiving your application for the following vacancy that has arisen within our Zimbabwe Region.
Head of Project Ref WHH/ZW/HOP
Aims and duties of the position
As Head of Project you are responsible for coordinating the project in liaison with UNDP.
Your most important duties:
- lead the project according to the donor contract and Welthungerhilfe’s standards for the implementation of projects
- Ensure that all members of the Project Team are working together towards a joint project vision and set of project objectives
- coordinate day to day project management across the Project Team. This includes joint planning, implementation and monitoring to meet expected outputs
- ensure timely preparation of project accounts and financial reports line with Welthungerhilfe standards and donor regulations
- ensure accountability of all funds received for project implementation
- approve project purchases according to the approved procurement budget and inventory control
- prepare status reports according to Welthungerhilfe standards or the rules of donors
- supervise project staff
- communicate across the Project Team ensuring appropriate levels of staff and management have the correct information at any time
- work with various stakeholders ensuring good communications and an enabling environment for the project to operate in
- coordinate all project interventions
- Ensure regular monitoring and performance of the project.
As a qualified applicant you will possess the following:
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness or a related field.
- Experience in leading a consortium of NGOs to deliver multifaceted projects
- Experience of working with UN Agencies
- Demonstrable experience supervising staff and supporting implementing partners to deliver outputs/outcomes
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Computer skills in various MS Office applications, including any project management software/application
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence
If you feel that you are the person that we are looking for, we are offering you the opportunity to work in an exceptionally engaged team with a high level of responsibility.
Please send a covering letter and CV by email, including the job reference code in the subject line, by 15 July 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org