Head of Finance
The Head of Finance (HoF) will particularly be responsible for DCA / ACT Alliance programme partnerships arrangements and office running costs. In cooperation with the Country Director (CD) the HoF has overall responsibility to secure that funds entrusted to the Regional Office are handled in a transparent, efficient and effective manner.
The HoF will be responsible for the financial and procurement matters of the projects and office running cost including identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting. He/she will also ensure that manual, formats, procedures, system are known and used correctly. HoF is responsible for meeting of internal deadlines in relation to finance.
He/she will work closely with the Country Director and HQ staff of DCA. The post holder will travel frequently to intervention sites. The interventions include Livelihoods, Active Citizenship and humanitarian response and long term development activities implemented in partnership with government departments, local FBO and NGO partners.
The overall purpose of the HoF position is aimed:
· at realizing consistent high standard of the financial management of Programme, projects, & office running costs in adherence to strategic goals of DCA in Zimbabwe and DCA procedures, policies and manuals.
· to ensure that the DCA Zimbabwe office is run efficiently and effectively financially and administratively with the view to fulfilling the objectives of the country office with a strong bias to Programmes.
The HoF will be responsible for: –
· the general financial administration of the DCA programme funds;
· the supervision and line manager for Finance officer and finance intern, achieved primarily through effective mentoring, sharing of skills and lessons learnt, capacity development and compliance with DCA standards;
· maintaining an overview of finances of all programmes and projects undertaken by the DCA Zimbabwe Office;
· ensuring quality and timely submission of financial reports, audits and budget proposals;
· understanding grant management financial obligations and ensure proper support is given to programme staff and Country Director (CD);
· monitoring projects and partners on the financial and procurement aspects;
· mentoring and training partners on the financial, operational and procurement aspects;
· supporting CD in implementation of procedures and building capacity of programme staffs in programme/project budget management;
· supporting CD and Programme staff in sustaining and developing new partnerships and funding opportunities;
· ensuring that the finances entrusted in DCA programmes are used in an accountable and transparent manner, that no funds are diverted and that no corruption is taking place;
· conducting annual Employment Development Review of staffs under his/her supervision (in any);
· in general, advising CD on any issues related DCA keeping its obligations with the Zimbabwean authorities;
· being the focal person for Procurement DCA HQ staff;
· being the focal person for International Finance Unit HQ staff;
· participating at NGO forum and cluster for Finance and Procurement;
· working with ACT Alliance on joint programme planning, implementation and monitoring;
· working with Christian Aid on the delegated Financial and Operational aspects;
· acting CD when so delegated by the CD.
The applicant needs to have the following qualifications and skills: –
· a Post Graduate degree in Business and Administration or related fields;
· a minimum of 10 years of work experience in management or high responsibilities positions in INGOs or International agencies;
· ability to manage large and complex donor funded programmes/projects;
· ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment;
· excellent skills in written and oral English language;
· good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders;
· ability to work remotely with minimal supervision;
· strong IT skills;
· ability to communicate in Ndebele and/or Shona and
· demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
· Availability to start working as soon as possible.
· Availabitily to travel 40% of the time in country sided and eventually outside the country.
· Duty station: Harare
DCA Offers a Salary package (Salary, insurance, pension) in accordance to experience and DCA Zimbabwe handbook. Contract duration 2 years, with possibility of renewal depending on performance.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your motivational letter and full CV including 3 references by 18 September 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line. Only Zimbabwe citizens or residents are eligible for this position, preference will be given to those that can drive themselves to project sites. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.