Old Mutual; a diversified international financial services Group, is looking for a dynamic person, who will be responsible for ensuring that there is compliance and proper management of all heath and safety issues within the Group.
- Organizes and coordinates in-house and external safety training courses to increase health and safety awareness at all levels in the organisation.
- Participates in accident/incident investigations and makes the necessary recommendations.
- Collates and analyses accident data and recommends intervention strategies to eliminate/reduce risk of future ocurrences and incidents of ill-health and lost working days.
- Formulates, reviews and updates emergency procedures and ensures that staff become familiar with these procedures.
- Carries out regular fire drills and liaises with emergency services, as necessary, regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety.
- Identifies inherent and potential hazards and communicates to employees measures to avoid the dangers.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and recommends appropriate preventive measures including engineering controls, personal protective equipment (PPE), etc.
- Keeps abreast of SHE legislation.
- Advises line managers on current legislation, regulations and practices and trends in occupational health and safety.
- Prepares various health and safety reports and statistical data (including charts and graphs, to determine trends and needs) on health and safety performance.
- Co-ordinates the tracking and monitoring sustainability performance using agreed criteria (including such areas as energy, materials procurement, water consumption, waste streams, paper and waste recycling, carbon emissions, etc.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of accidents and incidents for management decision-making
- Occupational Health and Safety Diploma/Degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Health and Safety.