DCA Governance Coordinator
DanChurchAid (DCA) is seeking experienced candidates for an upcoming ACT consortium governance programme to be implemented with partners. DCA leads the consortium consisting of 8 partners.
This programme builds on DCA’s Strategic Plan aimed at Strengthening Residents Associations (RAs) and citizens participation in local governance and Diakonia’s Strategic Plan prioritizing the empowerment of rights holders, especially local CSOs and rural communities through promoting Gender Equality at both national and local levels.
The programme will strengthen voice and capacity of marginalized women, youth, residents and other citizens living in poverty to claim their rights to public services from responsive and accountable local government authorities in selected urban and rural areas. Various methods will be employed to accelerate the achievement of results, including the use of ICTs and related innovations.
The ACT Zimbabwe mission is to enable churches and church-related organisations to work together with non-faith based organisations for positive and sustainable change in the lives of people affected by poverty and injustice. ACT members’ supports activities of more than 40 faith-based and secular development organisations working on human rights and equality, public service delivery, access to justice and livelihood.
DCA seeks a full time Coordinator to provide overall strategic direction to the program, manage the budget and implementation and be responsible for delivery of all results to the consortium and back donor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead overall programme strategy.
- Manage and coordinate overall strategic, technical, programmatic, communicational, financial and management guidance and support for all activities.
- Direct and collaborate with partners on issues of programme strategy, communications and capacity building.
- Train and guide consortium members to develop effective monitoring and evaluation plans and disseminate results and learning.
- Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to.
- Lead program networking and institutional outreach, coordinate effectively with key stakeholders and partners and manage project troubleshooting.
- Work with partners and government institutions to enhance communication channels, share knowledge and improve coordination.
- Ensure oursourced components for ICT4D products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of results.
- Ensure project finances and management practices are in compliance with DCA and donor contractual rules and regulations.
- Ensure all reporting, both technical and financial, to the program donor, is done timely and correctly.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Political Science, Governance, Project Management, Communication, M&E and/or a related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in development, with demonstrated experience managing large and complex programmes.
- Specific background in M&E and experiences in Real Time Data, using mobile data collection tools like Magpi
- Experience in using ICT and ICT4D tools and processes for learning, networking and mobilising.
- Demonstrated experience implementing large donor funded programmes and consortium
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with civil society and governance institutions
- Demonstrated experience working in or with the Local Governance institutions
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks; including experience in work planning and activity budgeting
- Ability to build productive, collaborative working relationships across different organizational functions
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills
- Superior writing skills; and ability to develop well written and cohesive reports that are responsive to stakeholders needs.
This is a local position. To apply for this position, please send your motivational letter and full CV including 3 references by August 1 2016 to email@example.com quoting the job reference for the post: “ZIM/DCA/COOR 001”.