Title: General Insurance Manager
CTC: Flexible, depending on current remuneration & experience
An innovative International Fintech Company is looking for a South African citizen to operate as General Insurance Manager to head up their Insurance department in Zimbabwe. Must have strong Business Knowledge in financial forecasting, budgeting, business development and proven sales and marketing experience. Must have expert knowledge of the products and services of the Insurance Industry.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assume full responsibility for the Insurance Department in Zimbabwe.
- Strategically manage and achieve the anticipated profitability levels of the region.
- Proactively drive sales strategies to achieve sales targets and increase the Insurance Department market share in Zimbabwe.
- Achieve agreed monthly, quarterly and annual production targets.
- Maintain a persistency level above the company’s minimum standard.
- Manage and monitor all the elements of the Management Control System that have been implemented through the various channels.
- Achieve staff compliment targets by ensuring that recruitment is done at agreed rate and that the standard selection process and criteria is adhered to.
- Control expenses within budget.
- Effectively implement Performance Management by ensuring that monthly performance discussions as well as quarterly reviews are held and where necessary, implement industrial relations procedures for under-performance.
- Ensure that internal compliance standards are met by means of planned internal audits.
- Ensure that all regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all Sales Agents are fully and continuously trained and developed in order to create a competent, sustainable business with low staff turnover.
- Compile all required management reports for the Group Insurance Executive on all Key Performance Areas (KPIs).
- Ensure that the community initiatives are coordinated.
- Manage and maintain the marketing standards and initiatives for the country.
- Continue to build internal as well as external relationships with the various stakeholders as well as maximizing networking opportunities.
- Liaise and work together in achieving the strategic initiatives with the management of the Group in Zimbabwe.
- Liaise with the local regulatory bodies.
2. Business Development
- Assist in opening new payroll agreements and maintaining relationships with existing payroll collections companies.
- Drive strategies related to opening new payrolls.
- Engage with top level (National) union representatives and councils.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A recognised insurance qualification.
- Business Knowledge: Financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis, Business development, and proven sales and marketing skills and experience.
- Product Knowledge: Expert knowledge of the products and services of the Insurance Industry, with particular emphasis on the LSM 4 – 8 markets.
- A valid Driver’s license.
- Willing and able to relocate to Zimbabwe.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Travel when needed within Zimbabwe and to South Africa.
The successful incumbent will display the following characteristics:
- Well-developed communication skills
- Accustomed to operating in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- A proven track record of successful sales and marketing experience
- A collaborative team player
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter that can work autonomously and can take the initiative
- Versatile, adaptable and able to navigate “white space” or ambiguous situations
- Solid Leadership and Managerial skills and experience
- Highly results-driven and able to motivate, lead and inspire staff
- Exceptionally strong financial acumen