GENDER SPECIALIST – ENTERPRIZE PROGRAM
Purpose of Position:
To provide strategic guidance and technical programmatic direction to the FAO funded – ENTERPRIZE Consortium for gender related programming focusing on gender equity integration within the project; and contributing towards the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Gender strategy development and leadership- Leads the conduct of the Gender Analysis in the project areas and development of ENTERPRIZE gender equality and women empowerment strategy; Develops gender action plans to be used by each Partner and technical area to integrate gender in all activities throughout the Consortium.
- Gender integration support – Develops project framework for gender equality programming to ensure approved donor gender results are achieved. Advises and supports the Consortium team and partners to implement the gender strategy.
- Training and capacity development: Supports capacity development in gender and development for Consortium partners, staff and stakeholders; Integrates gender in all ENTERPRIZE training manuals and materials;
- Stakeholder coordination networking and advocacy- Collaborates with key stakeholders. Participates in gender coordination platforms at national level and geographic areas of operation; Develop targeted communication products on key gender and social inclusion issues to communicate the project’s advocacy issues clearly to the community, government, and other key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluation- Inputs into the development of Performance Monitoring framework (PMF), performance monitoring plan (PMP) and tools that enable ENTERPRIZE to collect the desired gender outcome data.
- Evidence and knowledge management- Facilitates cross-learning visits amongst partners and stakeholders on implementation of gender equality strategies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Social Sciences, including Gender studies or related fields.
- Commitment to and understanding of child-focused transformational development in Africa.
- Has ability to lead strategic planning skills and managerial competency with experience in results based management and results oriented approach to project and programme implementation.
- Ability to apply gender and development theory to the specific regional context and to identify creative, practical approaches to overcome gender-related challenges.
- Expertise in the agriculture based livelihood is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in gender and development.
Suitable candidates with the required qualifications should submit their applications on line not later than 30 September 2016.