Post Title : Financial Analyst
Contract type : Fixed Term Contract
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Director the Financial Analyst will ensure compliance with donor requirements through ensuring timely submission of reports, maintaining grant agreements, and follow up on variances against budget and expenditure trends. This will ensure efficient utilization of financial resources and accountability to funding partners. The Financial Analyst will work in close association with the Financial Accountant and Grants Accountant.
- Evaluation of the cost matrix of the organization and recovery of overhead costs from projects.
This will include review of upcoming proposals for completeness of budgets, optimum direct to indirect overhead rates and sustainability of shared costs.
- Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focussing on: Preparing the annual Admin Operating budget and forecast income based on the existing project portfolio and tracking expenditure performance against budget. Providing information on the implications of the macro-economic environment on costs.
- Be the contact person for donor compliance reviews and audits focussing on achieving proper control of the supporting documents for all expenditure and being the contact person for all partner reviews and assessments. Play an active role in the external audit and implement audit recommendations.
- Monitoring project expenditure against budget. Ensure no budget overruns and advising management when expenditure trends are low. Review and comment on the donor reports and provide explanations on variances.
- Development and monitoring of controls in the organization.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts
The incumbent must be a self-starter, problem solver and have good analytical skills. Must be of high integrity and be free to take up advice from other staff members with an attitude for efficiency and continued improvement. Must actively work towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas. Must be able to perform a variety of standard tasks related to financial resources management and be up to date with donor regulations and requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
A University Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Public Administration and Secondary school education with specialized certification in Accounting & Finance is a requirement. 5-6 years of progressively responsible finance experience is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
If interested either email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your CV and application letter with three references at number 9 Monmouth Road, Avondale, Harare. Indicate on the envelope the position you are applying for. Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 20thth September 2016.
QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.